Sunday, February 17, 2013

Breakfast in America!

Many of you have at some point asked me if I ever get homesick. The answer is no. With the exception of this past week when I wished I could be with my family, I'm never really homesick. I miss my friends and family sometimes but I get to talk to them on Skype from time to time, and I'm kind of used to being away from them anyway. I miss Fluffy but not too much because I actually have a whole bed to myself here. However, the one thing I have missed like crazy, especially the past few weeks, is American food!

"What?! You're in France, where they have some of the best food in the world, and you miss American food???" Yes, yes I do. Don't get me wrong, I love French food! The cheese and the bread and basically everything is delicious and 95% of the time I am more than happy to eat it. But I still have terrible cravings for cheeseburgers, french fries, bacon pizza, chicken nuggets, pancakes, Martin's potato chips, chocolate chip cookies, you name it. Sure, France has a lot of American things but for the most part they put a fancy, gourmet, French twist on all American food that is meant to be greasy and fattening and disgustingly delicious. Like McDonalds for example. I have only been there once and I only got a sundae because I wanted ice cream but at some point I need to eat lunch there to officially compare. But based on the menu they have murdered the wonderful, American idea of fast food. All of the restaurants are super chic, they serve a lot of their sandwiches on crusty, french bread, with fancy french cheeses, and have a sandwich called the McBaguette. No, no, no! I realize that they must cater to the audience, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to be disappointed! So I have been in search of a place that serves real, quality American food and I finally found it! Well technically friends of mine found it and I just went with them when they went again, but still!

It's called Breakfast in America and was started by an American who moved to Paris and noticed the lack of an authentic American diner. They serve breakfast all day; things like pancakes, french toast, eggs, bacon, homefries, you name it! Then the also have things like burgers, fries, salads, BLTs, and such at lunch and dinner. I would've gone for the pancakes except that we went at lunchtime and I saw someone else's burger and it looked delicious, so that's what I got. They even have a student menu so I was able to get a burger, fries, and a coke for €8, which is a good deal, especially for how much food you get and how good it is! The burger was amazing and the fries were just like you would find the the good ol' US of A. Plus they had Heinz ketchup so I was beyond ecstatic. One of the best meals I have had out in a long time! I just need to go back sometime to try their breakfast food because it also looks delicious!

I did take pictures of our food to share but I'm an idiot. I forgot to put my memory card back in my camera that morning so the pictures are on whatever minuscule bit of memory my camera came with and I have absolutely no idea how to get them off my camera. But when I do I will add them. I did however include a picture of the logo that I found on the internet because having pictures just adds that extra pizazz to a blog. Darn, the word pizazz just made me crave pizza. Please don't judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment